Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Sum of 30 Years

Gordon and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Wow. That was fast; but then again, not. You know what I mean.

Our children hosted a dinner for us, and then presented us with a book full of pictures & memories from each phase of their lives, and letters.

I sat in awe; what did I do to deserve this? They are fabulous kids and I'm so glad I didn't mess them up when they came to me.

On another note, 30 years is quite an accomplishment. I am so grateful that I married Gordon; he has been a wonderful husband. He is wise, generous, and conservative (a good match to my wild side!). When we married, I didn't know just what a guy I was getting; one who would do all of the above plus teach and lead my children. I love him.

I feel very grateful.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys got married so you could have a great son that I could marry!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary! I'm so happy for you Julie! You have an awesome family and are a wonderful mother!

Robin said...

Happy Anniversary! You are wonderful parents and such an awesome couple. I was hoping you would post a wedding picture from 30 years ago! Post it!

diane said...

Thirty years is a wonderful benchmark. You still look like a bride. Well done.

Ashley said...

Congratulations! 30 years is a long time. I hope you enjoy the next 30!

@Dayngr said...

Congratulations! Looks like you've done a lovely job with your family. Here's to at least 30 more years!