Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Feet Thoughts

I love this time of year!  Yes, for all of the obvious Spring reasons, but also because months of covering up the piggies with socks & shoes has come to an end.  I struggle with casual footware in the winter.  I never feel totally content with what shoes go with what pants and so on.  It seems that everything goes with a sandal or a wedge heel. 
I am a little frustrated, though. I have weak big toe nails that chip easily and beccome ingrown, as opposed to the rest of my toenails that could cut metal.   This week I chipped not one but two big toes, just after their Spring debut, after months of carefully nurturing them all winter long.  The chip goes so far down that a mere file job will not do.  I have to clip the whole nail and start again.  Now you know my toenail woes.....
But.....
These are my new spring sandals.  Notice the wedge heel.  Usually you have to wear flats to have this style, but the wedge heel is in this year.  This is so good, since flats and my 5'1" stature don't go together well.
Feet make some people in my life get the heebie jeebies.  They don't like feet.  For instance, I suggested that one of my sons give his "really good friend" a foot rub after running a marathon and he said, "No way!  I'm not going to touch her feet."  Several in the room agreed that it was gross to touch each other's feet.  Even if they do take care of them.  It's true, keeping feet nice takes some TLC, but it only takes a minute or two a week to buff the dry heels and apply some vaseline before bed (and polish, if you are a girl). Or, heaven forbid, spend $25-$30 for a pedicure. 
All in all, I love feet.  Good, clean feet - feet of those I love and like.
Some of my favorite people are named Foote. 

6 comments:

Hall5 said...

FABULOUS new shoes! Hate to say it but feet gross me out, but with the way you described the benefit of feet...I thought about giving the idea of feet another try. Then my husband came in the room and his feet were all hanging out and that thought went quickly away. Cute shoes though...for sure.

Lauren said...

HAHA! Mom I love this post! I totally just got my first pedicure of the season when I was home last weekend and man does it make a difference! Those sandals are adorable, and your toes look great! I am one of those that don't like feet, but I'm also one of those that is a Foote! :) Love you!

Taylor said...

Hilarious. The only feet I like are baby feet...but I love Footes. Thanks for the shout out Julie!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I totally agree! I am so excited to get out the sandals!

Laura said...

LOVE the new shoes. I think this summer I'm especially grateful for sandals because I don't have to bend over to put them on:) Gotta love summer feet freedom!

janie christensen said...

I just got a pedicure yesterday! Loved it so much. I love your blog Julie and I love your feet too!