Friday, September 12, 2014

Sweet


I love this picture, for many reasons.  I love that Abigail is throwing a fit at being taken from her mom. (I have since made headway with her); I don't love that John is being kicked in the face, but I love the look on his face and I see how patient he is trying to be; that Grace is in another world involved in whatever is in her hand; that Simon is busy directing someone or something, that Catie looks like she is ready to steel away to North Mountain in her Elsa cape ; that Eli and Cam look like they are ready to drop from a camping trip the night before but are always obedient; and that Mim loves posing for pictures anytime. (I also love the photo-bomb; it's Charlie, cousin of the London Birds).

I love this picture because it shows real life and real people.  I also love it because it is the last picture Gordon and I have with all the grandkids before the Londoners took flight across the ocean,

And now - we have another baby that is not in the picture.  And here's the big news about that that I didn't mention in my post about her yesterday - and it's this:

WITH THE BIRTH OF MELISSA LOU, WE WENT FROM BEING 50% MALES AND 50% FEMALES TO FEMALE DOMINANCE!  (By one anyway:)

The fact that we have all of these beautiful little females in our family is sweet. Yes, Sweet is the best word to describe it.

Sweet.

No comments: