Friday, August 1, 2008

More Green...

Okay, I know that they have these little fabric bags (green, of course) at the store that you can buy for a nominal fee so you can re-use them. I think it is a great idea, with one exception: it would take 72 of them to get one average size load of groceries home! I mean, they are lunch sized!
So I have an idea; make bags large enough to hold a good amount of groceries and still be able to lift them (what a concept!); also make a collapsable, rollable cooler w/pockets on the sides. That way, the perishable stuff goes in the cooler and the rest goes in the pockets. It would collapse enough to permanently keep in the trunk of your car so you would always have it when you need it.
So there you have it - my new "green" business venture. Any backers? Hey, I think I could even get government assistance here because I'm "going green". Maybe I'll even give Al Gore a call.....

1 comment:

JoJo said...

The reusable bags look small but it's because they ARE collapsable. I have four of them and I can fit all my groceries in them, whereas I used to use about six-eight of the plastic ones. (I still use a plastic one for the meat because of germs.) I'm referring to Winco bags, I can't speak for any other store.