Monday, January 18, 2010

Candle Shortage

Sunday we celebrated the January Birthdays in our family. 
They are my dad - 7th, Rich - 8th (Elvis too), Gordon - 10th, Yours Truly - 16th.
You would think that I would be prepared.  But I seldom ever have candles in January; I don't know why.  Here is our effort to light up the birthday cake with matches.  They kept burning to the bottom before we could sing.  It really was quite funny.
Here is Suz helping (she made the fantastic"Mud Pie") and me looking my age.                                                                                                        



Cam & Eli got into the party spirit and wanted to wear their sunglasses.



6 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Birthday! Your grandson's are darling!

JoJo said...

Another moment missed while feeding the baby... sigh.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I hope your birthday was AWESOME! I love the pictures of Cameron and Eli in their cool sunglasses.

Tom and Michelle said...

Quite inventive! I would have rather had matches than candles because that's what makes birthdays memorable.

Laura said...

Hilarious! Now I know what to get you next year for your birthday:)

@Dayngr said...

My mouth is watering looking at that mudpie!