Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am a Groundhog

Today is Groundhog day.  I like that.  It is a welcome sign that things will get sunnier and warmer. 

I think I am a Groundhog

In the winter I hide in my cool cave all stocked with winter food and wait for things to clear so I can be out and about again, jumping from tree to tree and chasing squirrels (you know what I mean). In case you can't tell from reading (or not reading) this blog, I am different this time of the year, not my usual self.  Sunlight is my on-switch. 

That's not to say that I won't miss the family time of the holidays or college football.  Saving graces, they are (a little Yoda there.....).

So, will I see my shadow today?  It's 50/50, but I have a feeling my cool cave days are numbered.

3 comments:

Robin said...

In colorado you'd see your shadow all day long. More winter for us!

Tami said...

It was overcast this morning but this afternoon...so when do you count it? I'm ready for some warmer weather!

Laura said...

Darn shadow! I'm ready for some warmth too!