Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's begun...

Tonight was "Senior Night" for dance.  At half time of the basketball game, they announced all of the Seniors.  Wow.  I wasn't quite ready for that.  It seems a little early to start with all the "lasts".  And besides, I have resolved myself to not look at it that way, but to enjoy it all the way.  But every once in a while, I think about the "lasts" and it really hits.  Not so much tonight because they called Jessica's name before Gordon and I got down out of the stands.  We went trailing out there after the fact, with me trying to not give Mr. Melby a snarky look.  "Just smile", Jess said. So I did. 
I was glad it went that way, because I couldn't think too much; it just happened so fast. 
Saturday begins competition season and we are ready with six numbers. It's going to be fun and intense. Speaking of intense, I look a little that way in the bottom photo. Must happen trying not to look snarky.


2 comments:

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I'm going through the" lasts" the last time too. In Ohio, they make the Senior year such a BIG deal.
Tanner is so ready and anxious to move on, that he sometimes just goes through the motions. I'm trying to talk him into going to prom, because he's never been once, and he's truly just not that interested.

At my dance studio I really highlight the Senior girl. At the recital, I do a whole slide show, video clip, interview about her, then she does a Senior Solo, and a group Senior dance. The girl and family are always in tears. I am too, because I've grown to love her, and will miss her.

What a fun senior year Jessica is having. She's a beautiful girl and you must be so proud!

Laura said...

Bummer! I wish we'd know and we would have come. Jess is so talented, I can't wait to see how competition season goes!