Monday, March 8, 2010

And what did I find? (See update below)

Last week we got weather into the low 60's.  Couple that with the end of February and it's rose trimming time!  One of my favorite things. 

But while I was raking out another bed near the door, I found this little green beauty, hiding under everything; incubating, gathering strength and color for what is to come.  And I thought....

That is me!  In the winter, that is.  I bury myself under something WARM and safe and ride it out until it is time to reveal my strength and color for the spring, summer and fall.  You can probably tell from my blogging that I struggle in the winter.  It is just not my best time. I have to make a concerted effort to stay positive and upbeat and sometimes the cloudy, cold days win out.

But no more!  I have reared my little green  head and even have some transplant ideas going on in there. 

The roses are trimmed  I'll have to post how things transplanted turn out.  Until then, SPRING is on it's way!

Update:  As soon as I posted this, the weather turned dark and it began to rain.  It has rained all day long.  Snow is predicted for tomorrow morning.  What's a person to do?

3 comments:

Tami said...

I understand what you're saying ... seems like we're holding our breaths waiting for spring to come. Nice to know it's starting to be spring at your house. Can't wait to see your roses...btw, pretty fingernails!

Robin said...

I love how connected you are to nature. You and I have that in common. I can't wait until spring to dig in the dirt. Boise gets spring about 3 months earlier than we do. Waaa!

Laura said...

I love this time of year. We had baby chicks at our office today and it made me so excited for the warmth!