Saturday, March 13, 2010

You're probably getting tired of this, but.....

Sweet Liberty won again today.  We won 1st in Hip Hop, Military and Prop, 2nd in Dance and Kick and 3rd in Novelty (the routine that shall not be named).
It was a fabulous day and when I got home tonight, I became teary-eyed at how close we are to being done with this - for good.  I've set a goal to enjoy and milk everything I can out of it and not think of the end. 
Back on track now.

I don't often pat myself on the back for my parenting (I give Gordon the credit for that) but today, two things happened that warmed my heart.  Something about watching your own children serve each other makes you know that something must have been done right.  At the conclusion of PNW competition today, James walked up and handed Jessica these beautiful flowers.
Little Cam-doggie ran a mile race downtown today that he's been planning for quite sometime.  He was so excited about it.  The gun sounded and he took off running as fast as he could and didn't let up for the mile.  Along the way was his Uncle James with a big green sign (Cam's favorite color) that said, "Cam can run fast!  Go Cameron".  Tonight when I called Cameron to talk to him about the race, he told me all about it and about seeing the sign. 

When I asked him what he did after the race, he said, "We had these shakes, they were sooo big." 
"How big?" I asked.
Hesitation....
"About 9 - or maybe 12."

That's big.

For more on Cameron & the race, go here.

2 comments:

Tami said...

What do you mean "tired of this?" No one ever gets tired of hearing about winning first place!! Congrats to Sweet Liberty!

Laura said...

Not sick of it at all! It's so fun to see Jess in her element and loving it!