Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chi-le'

I've been watching as some of the 33 trapped miners came up to safety and tonight I saw the man on the left come up; the last one.  He was the one who reportedly organized the other 32 into groups for food rationing and survival.  He used lights of the vehicles to simulate the daytime so they could still sleep.  He organized  eating, sleeping, exercise and other areas and instituted a 12 hour "work day". 

I always wonder if I were in a life threatening emergency such as this, would I be so brave? 

Most touching to me though, was the whole group of rescuers, the president of Chile' and the last survivor singing,

"Chi, Chi, Chi - Le', Le' Le'  Chile' Chile' Chile" and then the whole national anthem of Chile'.  Look at the gusto on the face of the president.

It's a wonderful day for Chile' and for the whole world.

3 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

I may or may not have been crying this morning as I was watching a mother and son be reunited. Ok. I cried. I admit it. It's an amazing accomplishment!!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I was enthralled as I watched this amazing rescue last night. I could hardly wait for #33 miner to rise from the mine, and have the rescue effort be declared a success for all 33 miners. This went so smoothly and was filled with such emotion for all those involved!

Watching this made me realize how much is still right in the world. I teared up every time a miner was re-united with his family - ha , but not the one who had his mistress waiting for him.

I'm sure you would be brave, and a leader in an emergency situation. You're just that kind of person.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Really a great miracle!