Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh, For My Camera

We had family dinner today and as usual, it was great.  Now that we have seven grandchildren, it is getting harder to give each one all of the attention you would like. And if it comes to holding one of them or holding my camera well, you know which one wins out.

So here are a few mental pictures from today:

Walking from the living room towards the family room, noticing that Miriam was missing. 
There she was, sitting in the big chair, guzzling back my unfinished diet coke and KNOWING she was getting away with something.

Cameron talking to his little cousin grace and getting beautiful smiles out of her.

Miriam trying to make Grace laugh.

Eli clipping some fresh Rosemary from my plant to take home with him.  (Green thumb?  I think so.)

At times I feel like I need holes poked into me to fully absorb all of the love these kids and their parents bring to us. 
Definitely a great time in life.

P.S.  The twins names are Jonathan Charles and Catherine Ray (Katie).  Jonathan breathed on his own today.  Another milestone bringing him closer to home.  Yesterday he pulled the tubes out of his nose.  The nurse said, "super sick babies just don't do that."
I think he really wants to go home with his mom and sister on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh,I agree. What a great time of life. You are the perfect example of living and loving every minute...no holes necessary! :)

Tami said...

And extra prayers to Jonathon so he can go home with his mom and sister!!