Friday, December 5, 2008

My favorite Christmas movie


Most people
have favorite Christmas movies like, "The Miracle on 34th Street" or "It's a Wonderful Life".

I have a favorite Christmas movie:

"The Grinch". (Check out the song on my playlist at the end of the blog)

I listen to/watch it almost every day from Thanksgiving on, like Christmas music. It brings me true joy every season. He is just so twisted and it reminds me a little of myself. I love the message.

So many lines from this movie apply to real life and I try to find the opportunity to use them any time I can, much to the chagrin of my family.

Some of my favorites: (said only with the drawl that Jim Carey uses as "The Grinch", and most of them require an exclaimation point)

"Airbag's a little slow....But that's what these tests are for!"

"One step at a time, Max!"

"Oh, grow up! (
said to little Cindy Lou Who)

Cindy Lou: "Martha will be there."

Grinch: "Well, I'm sorry to dissapoint you Martha baby, but the G-train has left the station!"

"What do you think I am, some kind of wild animal?"

When checking the size of his heart: "Down a size! And this time I'll keep it off."

"Am I just eating because I'm bored?"

Checking his messages, "Odd, no messages - better check the outgoing...'If you utter so much as one word, I'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish! If you'd like to fax me, press the star key.'"

"I feel all 'toasty' inside...And I'm leaking."

My new line that I heard last year that I'd never noticed before: (Throwing a "stick": "Max, go fetch (Max runs off) Ha, there's no stick! I'm smarter."


I can't wait to hear a new line this year.

Please share your favorite lines with me. If you haven't watched "The Grinch", please do. You'll be glad you did.

7 comments:

Taylor said...

"Hate, Hate, Hate, Double Hate, LOTHE ENTIRELY!" I know that one is a little mean...but it always gets stuck in my head. I love this movie too...so good!

Robin said...

I can't think of a line, but tonight is our ward party and the theme is "Christmas in Whoseville". I had to write the script for the program and it is all about the Grinch. It will be very funny.

I am glad you posted this!

Tyler and Carisa said...

I've never seen the Grinch with Jim Carey.... only the cartoon one (which we've watched religiously every year since before I was born). But I suppose Tyler and I will have to go out and start another tradition! =D

JoJo said...

I'm drawing a blank, I guess I'll have to watch it again.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I love this movie too! Jim Carey is incredible talented and was perfect for the part of the grinch! I don't know any lines I remember (I have a talent for not remembering movies- my kids say they envy me because every time I watch a movie it's like the first time).

Anyway - if anyone wants to email me at lyndavis@nktelco.net I have a complete list of all the holiday movies which will be broadcast on TV this month. (Julie - I need your email again-long story.)

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" movie will be broadcast on December 18th on ABC at 8:00 and 10:30 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

It also will be broadcast on ABC on December 24th at 8:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will be broadcast on December 23rd at 8:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME on ABC.

My other FAVORITE holiday movies besides the above (both Jim Carey's and Dr. Seuss' versions are
fantastic!) are "Scrooge", "A Christmas Story" (I didn't see this one until a few years ago and I laughed my head off), and "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

Thanks for reminding us about the amazing vehicles movies can be to teach us what's truly important!

Clint and Kandi said...

Ya who florey ha who oray crmaz mszmzm mizmas ay! (When the Grinch tries to sing along at the end with all the whos.)

Taylor said...

"SLUNK"