Thursday, December 11, 2008

Botox and Brown Eyes

My day was made today for two reasons. I went to the Dr. for my annual (fun stuff!) visit. No, that was not one of my day making events, but two things that happened there were.

1) When my Dr. walked in, she asked if I had gotten Botox. Maybe you wouldn't find that to be a good thing, but I did! She is trained in administering Botox and she has told me about it numerous times, but I have declined. So to have her tell me it looks like I have had it done to make my skin look younger is FABULOUS! (A Grinch line). I told her no, it's genetical(not a word, but a good story I'll share sometime). I have been using Mexi-retin-A, though. This came at a great time, because for the better part of the year I have thought I am 47 going on 48. Only last month, Gordon pointed out that I am actually 48 going on 49. So I feel like I am getting two years older this year.

2) The Nurse Practitioner in training knows my daughter in law, Jo and recognized me as Richard's mother when I walked in. She then proceeded to tell me that my grandsons look just like me! "Yes", I said, "they have my brown eyes. I am the only one on both sides with brown eyes and they got them"...She was probably sorry that she mentioned it because it started a grandmotherly tirade that lasted several minutes.

So, whether my skin looks good or it was just a nice thing to say, and whether or not my baby boys look like me, my day was made. Reality may bite, but perception is tastes really good.

It's really quite easy to make me happy.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I'm always quick to give brown-eye credit to Baca Julie. Now I'm dying to know who the nurse was?

Jayne said...

Oh my gosh, I don't blame you. I would take that compliment and run with it big time. What a great way to go into the holidays, fresh looking, clean bill of health and botox! Merry Christmas!!