Friday, April 3, 2009

The things a grandmother will do.....

While Jessica and her friends were on a "wet" ride at Disneyland, I stumbled upon two of our favorites, Mater and Lightnin' McQueen! There was a long line of children waiting to get their picures taken with them. I waited for my turn and then another mother took this picture for me. It was somewhat humiliating; little children waiting and watching with their parents and here I am by myself, posing, with an audience. I suddenly felt really silly. But not enough to not do it. My boys were so impressed to see their Baca with these heros!
Jess totally rescued me on the Buzz Light Year front. We never found him, but she did get this great picture. We found Buzz Light Year guns for them; you know - the really annoying kind that make a loud, repetitive sound and flash red and blue lights? Totally cool.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Laura said...

Nice shoes Julie! I love Mater! I would have waited with you and we could have felt silly together haha. Great glasses too Jess, stylin:)

diane said...

You are a cool Grandma. To infinity and beyond.

Tami said...

You're an inspiration to us all... the priveldge of grandparents is to give the toys with all the little pieces the parents get to keep track of and the toys that make the loudest, most annoying noises possible! You get the coolest grandma award of the day on both accounts! Congrats!!

Courtney said...

Ha! I love it! You ARE a great grandma! I'm sure your boys love their guns and I'm sure Richard and Jo just LOVE you for purchasing them!

Robin said...

Did you go on the Buzz Lightyear ride? I loved it cause I got lots of points.

You are a rockin' grandma and so cute.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I rocked the Buzz Lightyear ride! (Or so I thought)I got over 60,000 points, which I thought was good until I saw the high of the day was 462,000.