Monday, April 13, 2009

The Joy of Easter; The Reality of my Backyard

Times, they are a changin' at my house. I got the easter eggs all boiled and there was no one to color them with. Jess was busy with her Saturday activities and Gordon was busy painting over the "fry sauce" experiment in the basement (pictures to come). I came to the realization that even when I'm 80 and there are no kids in sight, I will be boiling and coloring eggs at Easter.

Jess put up a fuss at finding eggs alone on Sunday morning so we told her she could wait for Cam and Eli to come over. Here she is proudly showing off her find: "No child can beat the Grinch!"

It was a joyous Easter. Especially when family is around to share it with you.

As to the reality of my yard; it became painfully evident that even with my early spring trimming and cleaning up that there is so much to be done before we can enjoy the spring out there. I had to force myself to ignore the weeds springing up in the beds, the cocoon of "something" growing in one bed, and general debris that has accumulated. The yard is due for a fresh mow and mulch and the beds beg a raking with my cute new bright green mini rake.

I'm on it! As soon as it stops raining.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hey baby - at least you have trees in bloom and green grass. I have a dead yard covered with 4 inches of fresh snow. Cute grandkids!

Laura said...

I'm just impressed that the family is in shorts! We're still waiting for that weather, but not very patiently. We missed you for Easter, but will see you VERY soon!

JoJo said...

Don't let Richard see that picture, he looks like he's balding...

diane said...

I feel your Easter pain. My kid was not interested in an egg hunt but she did hide some for her little cousins. It's sad. I look forward to grand kids that will humor me.