Friday, May 1, 2009

The Graduate

Warning: This is a bragfest.

Last weekend Ben graduated Cum Laude from BYU with a Masters of Accountancy. He got to wear what he described as the "Harry Potter" robe, the black one with extra wings on the side. I'm sure the robe is going to take it's natural place in the dress up chest in the Bird home for their little brood to dress up with someday.

Anyway, back to the bragfest, Ben had multiple things draped about his shoulders signifying just what a smart feller he is.

Which leads to the question: How did he get so dang smart? I mean, he are the most educated in the entire family! I think he has a photographic memory.

But, in all fairness, I can't leave out the hard work. He has completed his Masters in the designated timeframe for a Bachelors degree. He has kept is nose to the grindstone and his eye on the prize.

Now it's on to the working world; he has a job waiting for him here in Boise with Deloitte Touche accounting firm and Richard's company's (KPMG) competitor. We can't wait!

Sorry Ben. I know you don't like it when I brag about you. But hey, YOU DESERVE IT!

5 comments:

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Congratulations to Ben! What an accomplishment!
I am so happy for your family.

You have a right to BRAG all you want!

On top of all this, you get Ben and Laura moving to Boise!

Life has so many rewards at this stage! You are reaping them in!

Rachael Havens said...

Yahoo a Masters, and he got it so quick! Brag all you want it is a big accomplishment.

Laura said...

I appreciate you writing this Julie, he deserves a little recognition! I'll be doing the same on my blog soon:) Besides, what good are we (mother and wife) if we can't be their biggest fans?

Clint and Kandi said...

Holy Cow! A masters! I am so impressed! Way to go Ben. I am so proud of you (with your mom and your wife) That's hard work! We all are proud. Wait no not proud just soosooo happy at you! Good work. Way to go julie. Isn't there some sort of a boy scout mothers pin for you to wear when your children get their masters? There should be. congratulations on having brilliant children. It's a great year and great things are happening.

Tami said...

Congratulations to him! You deserved that bragfest!! :)