Monday, March 2, 2009

Family Dinner Fun


Sunday was our monthly family dinner and we celebrated Jo, Laura, James and Jessica's birthdays. On the menu was steak and chicken, some of my delicious "yummy potatoes", mixed veggies, jello "with berries in it" (a special treat) a great green salad that Suzanne brought and whole wheat rolls (I slaved all afternoon defrosting and raising the Rhoades rolls - exhausting). Dessert was the family birthday cake, simply named "Carmel Cake". I like it because it's easy and delicious - a great combination.

It is just fun, fun, fun to have everyone (well almost) here. Of course we miss Scott (we are four months away, but who's counting?) and Ben and Laura. I asked Laura if she could feel the love yesterday when we sang to her. It looks like the beginning of July is when they will be moving back.

This summer everyone will be here. Wowie. I can hardly wait. Spring AND the prospect of the whole fam together.

Wowie.


3 comments:

Laura said...

I can't wait either! I hear from the district this week!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

One of a mother's greatest desires is to "gather" her children together under her wing.

I am so happy you will have EVERYONE home once Scott arrives back from his mission.

What a blessing for you and your family!

Rachael Havens said...

Looks like it will be a great summer for you! It's nice to see all the snow leave and the grass peak through.