Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nursing Shoes to Runnin' Track, Man

In preparation for our trip to Disneyland for Dance Nationals, I bought a new pair of tennis shoes.

It should be noted that they were 55% off at Kohls Department Store and they are somewhat streamlined, which I like.

Lately, every time I try on tennis shoes, I feel like I am putting on special gear to walk on the moon or something. My last pair, although as sturdy as the day I bought them, are that way. They are "Sketchers" and when I put them on, I am 2 inches taller. Granted, I like that, but you are ALL shoes.

Anyway, back to the new pair. I put them on to wear around and break them in and noticed a bothersone thing. They looked like a pair of nursing shoes. Not to put down the beautiful white shoes that nurses wear; they look lovely. Just not for me.

I have stewed about it all day because they really are quite comfortable.

Tonight, I had a brilliant idea, if I do say so myself.

You just gotta love a black sharpie.

7 comments:

Tami said...

No way...you are brilliant! I'm going to remember this trick...! :)

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

That's awesome! I never would have thought of that! I love it!

Laura said...

Julie, you are so hilarious! I love that you thought of this. I fix up my dining room table with a black sharpie. I think somebody should write a book about all the things you can do with a sharpie!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Let's do it Laura!

Robin said...

I just gave your blog address to a friend of mine who's son is serving in your neighborhood.

http://dianelittlebitsofnothing.blogspot.com/

diane said...

Hi, my son just got transfered to your area. His name is Elder Naylor. Robin is so awesome to give me your blog address. Would you mind looking out for my boy?

Thanks!

I do love shoes.

Julianne said...

What a great idea.!! You did a great job.. I impressed with your shoes design.