Monday, July 13, 2009

Normalcy

It's been almost two weeks now since Scott walked through those doors at the airport, halo and all.

He still has the halo.

But life is slowly returning to normal for him. Today he got a job working for Gemtek with James. He is so excited to have a focus.

It looks like he will be going back to BYU in the fall - Good thing Laura registered him for classes! Thanks, Lou:)

He speaks in Laotian and Mien (he is much more comfortable speaking Mien) and it sounds soooo cool. The other night, some Mien members called and they talked for over an hour, all in Mien.

I can tell that they miss him.

I have enjoyed fixing him breakfast, lunch and dinner and shopping together for new clothes. He still has great taste. I think my time for hovering is coming to a close; at least I sense his ability to put up with it is coming to a close.

Yes, things are returning to "normal", whatever that is.

I'll take it.

4 comments:

Tami said...

You are so cute when you talk about your family...I can hear you and your heart smiling when you do. Mien...now THAT sounds like an interesting language. You should turn the camera on him and have him tell us a story that you can post! :)

Laura said...

It's crazy to think he's already been home for two weeks, yet it almost feels like he never left. You're right, it just feels like things are back to normal with him around. Ben and I are going to miss him at BYU!

Robin said...

I drove past your home yesterday. Don't be mad at me for not stopping by and saying hello. I really wanted too but We had a tight schedule and I knew once i saw you I would want to chat for hours. I really am so happy for you that all of your boys have served missions. That is such a blessing!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a missionary mom! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when your missionary returns home! There is nothing like it. I remember going through withdrawals myself when my sons returned home from their missions. I MISSED their letters, even though they were right there with me. It seems I could sense those blessings that come from having a son on a mission were no longer there (so many pray for the missionaries and their families). I felt the same thing when William was released from being branch president. However, the JOY is so great from having a son return with honor. There is a closeness you feel with your returned missionary that is indescribable.

It's been fun to see you gather your family ALL together and have that strong desire fulfilled. It's special to see you rejoice in your family! You are a wonderful mother and your choices have blessed your children immensely. I love you Julie and rejoice with you at this special time in your life!

By the way, I really like your new blog background!