Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Report

Here are some pictures, pictures, pictures of the great weekend we had.

Sunday evening a bunch of friends came over to see Scott. Brooke, Amy, Lauren, Ashlee, Michael, Greg, Nate, Tanner.

In addition, several friends of our family came; the Footes, Bowens, Mortensens, Harris' to name a few.
Jess & Aimee
Ashlee, Lauren, Brooke and Nate.
We stuffed ourselves after the block with barbeque chicken, cabbage salad, 7 layer salad, pretzel salad, fruit salad and rolls.
No mission report would be complete without our very special parents. Here are Gordon's parents, Ray and Larene.
My dad and James watching the baseball game on Saturday. Two ardent fans, these two.
It was a great weekend all around with family and friends to share it with us. Scott gave a wonderful mission report (an unbiased mother's opinion) and spoke both in Laotian and Mien.
Life seems back to normal today, with Scott working, Jess working two jobs and me making sure they are both fed and taken care of. I love that. I have missed that.

6 comments:

Robin said...

I have heard that it was a wonderful report. really great. Such a fun weekend!

Laura said...

We are so sad we missed out on the party! You guys always know how to throw a great get together!

Taylor said...

My mom, though maybe also slightly biased (we Footes consider Birds family), said Scott gave a really great report. She told me some of his really touching stories. She loved it...I loved it.

Thanks for rearing righteous sons to set great examples for little brothers that don't have older brothers to follow. We love you guys.

diane said...

Yippee! Sounds fabulous. Esspecially the part about hearing your son's voice and seeing his face...11 more months...enjoy.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I'm so glad your family and close friends could gather together to help you celebrate a son's missionary homecoming! I know how special that can be.

It's SO REWARDING! : ) I'm so happy for you! To see how your missionary has grown spiritually is such a humble, magical, grateful, edifying feeling!

I can relate to Diane (above) about anticipating the reunion of a missionary son and look forward to it ALREADY! I have 15 more months to go............. and then one more son to experience it all over again!

Clint and Kandi said...

thanks for the party. scott was such a great speaker! must run in the family...sorry lauren feels she can go to your house and stay forever...she loves you guys...