Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blog Slug

I know I have been remiss in blogging the events of the past two weeks. Life has been a whirlwind; a great, full and busy whirlwind.

For many months now (roughly 24), I have been looking forward to having all of the kids when we have our fast Sunday dinners. Since we began doing them, there has always been someone away at school or gone on a mission.

Not today. Today everyone was here and it was wonderful. Not in any big huge way but wonderful in the simplicity of just laughing and talking together. One of the paydays a mother receives is the out of the blue awareness that her children love to be around one another. It is so rewarding to watch; so much so that I find myself being uncharacteristically quiet, in observance.

Since it is so hot, we set up long tables and ate in the basement with paper plates. Ben barbequed some chicken and we had leftovers from the luncheon we hosted for cousin Melanie's wedding on Saturday. It was easy but oh, so yummy.

Scott leaves in three weeks for BYU, once again putting a minus in FSD's. But that is where he's supposed to be right now, so it's all good.

You can bet that we're going to make the most of the next three weeks, though. And I promise no slug blogging. Really.


4 comments:

Tami said...

I'm so happy for you. And I agree. There is nothing better than knowing your kids love each other, want to be around each other and are good friends with each other. What a blessing!

Robin said...

What a great way to spend the weekend. SOrry it is so hot there. We have highs in the 80's here.

I am going to camp today and will be missing the fun times we had together. It would be great if you could just jet over here and spend camp with me!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I'm glad you had a memorable weekend and had your children ALL together for a nice dinner.
It sounds wonderful! To have our children treat each other with love, respect, kindness, and genuine friendship is one of the greatest gifts children can give their parents. I have often thought that this is the way Heavenly Father feels too!

Laura said...

It's good to finally be home and a part of the dinners!