Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Waiting Game and Coco Channel

Well, we're down to less than 24 hours now until Scott arrives home and it's better than being a kid on Christmas Eve. We've had so much to keep us busy that the last day or so has raced by, unlike the previous 732 days.

Well intended people always say, "Oh my, it has gone by so fast, don't you think?"

I try and hide my sneer and happily smile, "Well, we've been counting for a while now....."

I will post a picture before we leave on Friday morning. Thanks to all of you for sharing our joy and anticipation.

I can feel the yippee skippee dance coming on!

Thanks, Traci, for keeping me in high fashion with these CC glasses from NYC.

OK - They're knock-offs. But who cares?

2 comments:

Tami said...

Woohoo for the Bird family! Can't wait to see all the hugging pictures when he comes home! (When Aimee got home from her mission I just couldn't keep my hands off her. I just loved that she was close enough to touch!) The church HAS to be true. It goes against everything that makes us mothers to not see (or really even talk to in person) our kids for so long. What a tribute to your family that he has been such a great missionary for the Lord.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I'm so excited!!! Welcome Home Scott!!! Can't wait to see you in Idaho Falls tomorrow!