Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cease and Desist Order

What makes a blog slug? In my case at least.

I can go for weeks with something to blog about every day and then the seasons change and my blogging dwindles.

True, I am sad to see my favorite season end. But it's not depression; more a melancholy. I always feel this way when we have seen the last of summer.

I love the colors of the leaves changing and try not to focus on what comes next - dry brown branches leading into my least favorite season - winter.

I am trying to make this Jessica's best year ever before she takes off for college next fall. I'm determined that it will be a happy, exciting time for her. But inside, I fret. I think about this time next year. I wonder what life will be like with an empty nest.

But worry is not a productive activity. So I must cease and desist.

I must take my own advice and feed all of the positives in my life. And there are so many. I truly am a grateful soul. I thank the Lord every morning for all He has given me.

I think gratitude is the key to a happy life.

4 comments:

diane said...

Next year we can mourn together. We can wear black and have a support group. Just the other day my friend told me that the first year all her kids left was the best year ever. Fingers crossed. I'm going to make lots of plans.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I feel like I am transitioning between seasons. It seems that fall is soon approaching my life.

I gather, I prepare, I enjoy, I marvel.

The hues are brilliant and plentiful.

The harvest is copious at this stage. And yes gratitude is ever present. There are so many blessings!

Tami said...

I agree with not wanting to let go so summer...but isn't this the most beautiful fall you've ever seen? I can't believe all the colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?