Monday, October 5, 2009

Top 25

Summer seemed like it was going to last forever this year.

And it was.

Until Friday when the temperature dropped drastically and then Saturday when it started raining and hasn't stopped yet.
People say they love the change in seasons, particularly to the Fall. I love Fall too. I just wish it didn't have to push summer out of the way.

So, in a fond farewell to summer, here are some of my favorite things:

Top 25 of the summer:
1. Scott getting home.
2. Going to the cabin right after Scott got home.
3. Scott's homecoming weekend.
4. Seeing all of the family for Scott's homecoming.
5. Watching my boys goof around together, obviously happy at being together.
6. Watching Jess finally having a sibling semi-her age around again.
7. Jess skiing & Scott watching her for the first time & being very impressed.
8. Scott skiing and throwing the rope when the water got rough.
9. Cam and Eli warming up to Scott as though he never left.
10. Ben & Laura moving home to Boise.
11. Helping Ben & Laura find the house of their dreams.
12. Getting slurpees with Jess.
13. Getting our new boat, the Black Marauder.
14. Rich & Jo organizing our Lucky Peak camping trip.
15. James introducing Scott to his bride, Suzanne.
16. Horseback riding with Scott, Jess & Gordon.
17. Skiing for the afternoon/evening at Lucky Peak.
18. The hot, hot sun on my back.
19. Sunbathing with Jess.
20. My summer toasty-tan.
21. Freshly mowed lawn.
22. Flower pots overflowing.
23. Planting, cultivating and working in the yard.
24. My roses.
25. The sunshine!

In the grayness of the winter and in fairness to the seasons, I will post a top 25 of the fall. (A top 25 of the winter? That could be a stretch).

6 comments:

Tami said...

Good list. Made me stop and think. And look forward to seeing what your list will be in the winter! :)

Laura said...

What a great summer it was! It seems like the month we moved here, July, was forever ago and not just a few short months. I'm excited for summers to come!

Scott said...

I did not throw the rope! Crap! Dang it!

Scott said...

(:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Ha Ha!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

It was a GREAT summer - one of the BEST I can remember! Glad your summer was memorable and fun!