Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread houses - eat them or view them?

Sunday night the family that is in town got together to do Gingerbread Houses for Christmas.  Everyone loves to make them, regardless of age. 
But the question is this:  do you eat yours or have it for a decoration?
I'm pretty sure ours make it one day, if that.
A lot depends on the freshness of the gingerbread and what kinds of candy (at least for me personally).
Both?  No way because by the time you view it as a decoration for a couple of weeks, it can't be fit for consumption.  But hey - thats just me.


3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you...it all depends on the things you use to make them!

Hall5 said...

It is fun to see all of the fun activities you do as a family. I know Lou loves coming over. hmmmm this is kinda the ghetto way to do it but we pick at it for a week and then it looks more like a haunted house rather than a Christmas gingerbread house. Besides, I am the one who buys the candy for our houses so you can bet the candy is gone off my house before anyone elses. Sorry for the long explanation! :) Merry Christmas

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

So fun! I like Laura's set up. So cute!