Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

 Gordon got into the spirit early, donning his Pampered Chef apron and favorite ski hat.
 Notice the trees out the kitchen window.  What a beautiful sight.
 Ben getting some carving tips
 The day before Thanksgiving, I was getting three pies out of the oven; two pecan and a cherry.  The pecan pies needed another 5 minutes, so I pulled the rack out as far as I could and lifted the cherry pie. 
As I was setting it on the counter I heard a bang.  Turning around, I saw that both pecan pies had slid off the rack backwards when I lifted the cherry.  Luckily and to my amazement, they landed upright and only slightly jumbled, spilling just a little filling into the bottom of the oven.  I was very THANKFUL.
I love making pies, but find that I only make them at Thanksgiving.  I should make them more often.
 Laura doing our place settings for the table.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Birdhouse!

3 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

I audibly gasped when I read about your pies. Tyler came rushing back into the room to make sure I was ok. I'm glad they weren't ruined!!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

It looks like a wonderful Holiday at the Birds. Love the ski hat Gordon!

Laura said...

Haha that picture will never leave my memory:)