Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How about some stirring political debate?

Will no one spar with me on the politics of the day? I even made a comment about a certain party on my "rebuked again" post and commented on it myself and STILL no one will engage me. Come on! What about the economy? What about the government bailing out AIG? What about Sarah Palin's emails being hacked into? What about Barry's hollywood fundraiser? What about John McCain's arms? War service? Do you think pigs look good with lipstick? Do you think the media is biased toward one party or another? How does Sarah Palin do so many things at once? Did anyone see the way the McCains were treated on "The View?" Barry and Michelle? Should there be drilling in Anwar? Is anyone voting absentee? Is everyone VOTING? How about Wall Street???? Whether you bleed red or blue - I want to hear from you! (Hey, that sounds like a campaign slogan.....

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Gosh I must really be out of the loop because most of those questions were Greek to me.

Robin said...

I have glasses like Sarah Palin.

Robin said...

If you are looking for a fight go to Feminist Mormon Housewives, the link is on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gordon & Julie,

Here a comment on your weblog from a Dutch LDS-member. I saw a documentary on BYU-TV about some LDS weblog on politics, and was glad somebody dared to touch this topic, which according to many should be taboo because it might cause discussions ... I disagree; by that standard we should also rip out considerable parts of the scriptures which deal with political issues.

I tried to find the weblog BYU-TV but couldn't find it; they didn't mention a website; with Google I found yours. You start by saying: "Will no one spar with me on the politics of the day?" I'd be glad to. Do you mind if it is in a broader context than just the coming US elections? I wrote an elaborate essay on more general political issues, also mentioned by LDS General Authorities. You can read a book report about my essay at http://www.mvgcontact.org/Samuel%20-%20Book%20Report.htm , and the essay itself at http://members.chello.nl/m.feenstra9/ . I'd like to know if we also share a common ground in the many issues mentioned there. Hope to hear from you, kind regards, Menno Feenstra, The Netherlands.