Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Favorite Snack


My very favorite snack in the whole world is "Cracker Jacks".  It's the perfect snack; it satisfies the desire for something a little sugar-y, the nuts are great protein and the popcorn gives immediate energy.  Combine it with a diet coke and you have the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.  Or, it's good at 10:00 a.m. like this morning.  However, it is getting harder to find Cracker Jacks at my favorite gas stations.  Some carry them and some don't.  When I ask if they carry them, or why they don't, I always get, "we have "Fiddle Faddle".  Like there is ANY comparison at all between the two. I usually buy the little snack size, but was pleasantly surprised to find cartons (three little boxes bound together)at Harpos in Cascade.  I usually don't like the cartons because they aren't very fresh, but these had little liners inside and were so fresh! The boxes are just the right size to carry in your purse, your car, your desk, the cupboard, the boat, or anywhere.
Don't the small things in life just really make your day?

4 comments:

JoJo said...

My favorite pick-me up snack are the Betty Crocker warm delights minis. They are just one serving size, only 150 calories and yummers.

Robin said...

WAIT! Stop the presses! You told me your fav snack was M&M's. What is going on!!?

I remember you saying you liked them best because you put 1 (one) in your mouth and suck the candy off and then eat the chocolate. And I thought...who eats just one? But I decided to like you anyways.

Robin said...

So does this mean that you are having an affair on the M&Ms? Do they know about Jack? Or do you have one of those open snack relationships?

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Haven't you read one of my older posts on what they have done to the m&m's? I wouldn't call it an affair with Jack because I broke it off with m&m's last year. I'm so over them.