Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rebuked (yet again) by the Recycle Man!


I had a wonderful idea on Monday to recycle all of the cardboard cartons that were filling up the garbage can. I also had a large brown box and so I decided to recycle that too. I carefully put them all together, segregated them, as seems to be the appropriate thing to for the recycle man. Hey, I'm no dummy - I learned from the first rebuke I got: everything MUST be segregated. So, imagine my surprise when I find that they have left the brown box with all the cartons in it with a big old note stapled on it: Must FLATTEN boxes. Some day I'll learn....Or maybe, if the green democrats get elected, there will be a special tax credit for "flattening cardboard boxes" for recycling. Hey, I'm all for a social program to deal with that. It would keep all of us low-lifes who don't know the proper ettiquitte of recycling from making such faus-pax. Proper motivation from my government will make all the difference, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

What, no comments on my green democrat comment? That was bait. I want some lively political debate here; everyone knows there is so much going on politically, financially and socially in this country. Who's going to fix it? Barry and Joe or John and Sara?