Friday, September 26, 2008

Kids are like sponges

Last night I was giving Cam and Eli a bath before their mom came to pick them up. They were playing with all of Scott's old bathtub boats, one of which has a rope with a water-ski handle (stick) tied to the end of it. We were playing waterskiing and the girl (a mini-barbie - sorry Rich) was trying to get up. I said, "What do I need to do to get up?" Cam replied, "Just push down on that back foot! If you lose the rope, I'll come around and bring it to you." I was amazed that he would remember the very thing that Gordon and the boys tell someone trying to get up on a slalom ski. It will make the Bird Men proud.

As for me, I'm watching what I say!

2 comments:

Holly Ogden said...

A true waterskier in the making! Can't wait to see the next generation try the 6-ski.

And what an amazing grandma you are to be giving those boys a bath for their mom.

Robin said...

I got the darling handmade card and gift yesterday! Thanks so much! It really made me feel good. You are a sweetie and I hope you sell them a ginormous house.