Friday, August 20, 2010

My Happy Place

The only thing that would make this better is if little Lady Miriam were on my lap too.  This is my happy place; the place where I am totally and completely content.  (See picture below) I am so grateful for this because it helps ease life when things are stressful, worrisome or unpleasant. 

 I have one of those coming up.  For my daughter, it is the beginning of the next chapter in her life - independence, living on her own, accounting to no one for a schedule, meeting new people.  It is a great time in life and I am so excited for her.

On the other hand, it is one of those stressful, worrisome and unpleasant times for me.  The Unknown.  The house will be totally void of children.  When Gordon travels, I will be home - Alone.  Will I become out of touch, start to dress funny?  Start to smell funny?  It seems so sudden.

Many have told me there are great things for me at this time of life too.  When I get through the process of saying goodbye on drop-off day, I will be compiling a list and will post it.  Until then, once again (ala Mission drop-offs) I find myself at the edge of a cliff, looking down, waiting for the final signal to jump.  We still have two weeks left. 
Thank goodness for my happy place.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I hope you start to dress funny and then take pictures and blog about it. It does seem like a scary part of life. Roland is out of town and Ike has a scout camp out tonight and I hardly know what to do with myself.

Laura said...

That's a happy place to be:)

Mad Men Girl said...

Hey there!

I have entered a contest to win a walk-on role on that retro-licious TV show, "Mad Men"... but I need your vote to win!

If you don't mind taking a couple of seconds to vote for me, click the link - it will take you right to my picture.


Thanks a bunch!