Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bye Bye Big Red

Big Red was about as tough a truck as you could get.  One of those trucks that just names itself.  I was in love with Big Red.  She (Gordon may say "He") made this cool sound when you would start her up and she had the biggest tires.  There was no cooler truck around. 

Big Red took us on some of our grandest adventures; to the cabin in Island Park, to Larry and Janie's cabin in Donnelly regularly during snowmobile season.  On fishing trips, horse trips, to the MTC, to Grandma and Grandpa's, to the Grandchildren's house, where they raved about how cool Big Red was.  She was so comfortable to ride in and when I drove her, I saw Manly Men looking me over enviously. 

My only complaint ever about her was that if you stepped on it while turning and had Big Gulps in the cup holders, then the Big Gulps went flying. 

So who would get rid of her?  And why?

Gordon, that's who.  He wanted a diesel truck for better power going up those big hills.  I talked and talked to try and talk him out of it but to no avail.  At one point, he was going to sell her to a good friend and neighbor.  Can you imagine having to see someone else driving her all around the neighborhood?  Luckily, that didn't happen. 

But, he did strike a deal and Big Red is no more.  It's been about 3-4 weeks now and I still miss her.  I dread the day when I'm driving down the road and there she goes with someone else driving the coolest truck around.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sad day indeed. We will miss Big Red!