Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why I love Ben


Ben loves horses. Horses love Ben. He can handle horses better than all of us put together; they just seem to have this special relationship. One of my friends says that Ben looks like the "Marlboro Man". If you don't know who that is, you're probably too young to remember. (If you ask me, I'll tell you, though.)

I'm going to brag here and talk about some really great things he has accomplished in the past couple of years.
He made the Dean's list for the Marriot School of Business at BYU.
He had a cumulative GPA of 3.94.
He will complete his Master's degree in 4 1/2 years.
He has a job offer with Deloitte & Touche in their Tax Dept.

When it comes to computers, just ask him any question and he usually knows the answer right away and if not, he will email you within the hour with instructions on how to fix your problem. I asked him why he didn't minor in something TECH and he said it wouldn't be as fun if it was work. He has an informational blog on computers and the link is on this page.

I always say that having Ben around is like having a warm blanket on. He is just so soothing and comforting to talk to or just be in the same room with without even talking. When he leaves, there is this cool draft and it seems like you feel it forever. He told me Sunday that he gave a talk in church about patience. I asked him if he shared the greatest lesson he has learned in patience and he told me no, that he is uncomfortable sharing his life-changing experience with everybody. We agreed that it is best shared one on one. But, I believe, it is such a part of why Ben is the way he is. When he first got home from his mission, he gave a family prayer and I opened my eyes to look around because I felt like he was truly having a conversation with God.

I miss having Ben be a part of my everyday life. But, like his brother Rich, watching him as an adult puts a smile on my face and makes me happy. He is a kind and considerate husband and I know he will make a great father. I love him and...I really like him too.

Coming soon...James

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I think of my brother as a "warm blanket" :), but I know what you mean about how great he is to talk to. He's just got it together. He is very patient, very mature, and just a great guy all around.

Laura said...

I agree Julie! Of course, I am partial, but I sure do love Ben.