Monday, November 24, 2008

Gar-bel-dy Guck Doesn't Do It For Me

I haven't posted in a while, and here's why:

Wshedn IK trfy tol typ;ed oln my olqap;tiolp; tol p;olwst oln my bololg, IK gedt thikws ikikned olrf gqarfbedoledy gujcik.

Mqan! IK’olol nedvedrf bujy qanolthed rfEDEDOLOL colmp;ujtedrf!

Translation: When I try to type on my laptop to post on my blog, I get this kind of gar-bel-dy guck. Man! I'll never buy another Dell computer!

My laptop has been doing this on and off for about a year now and my son Ben, the techster, tells me it is a flaw with my particular model. Usually, it comes out of it and I am on my merry way again, but so far it is stubbornly sticking.

The worst part? When I copied the phrase and pasted it into this blog on the upstairs computer, I could actually read what it said.....Too bad everyone else can't. (Yes, I am complaining about having to walk all the way up the stairs to use the computer....lame, isn't it?)

I hope that by the time we are back from our trip to Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving, all will be well again. We are leaving on Wednesday and returning on Friday. Eating dinner at the Birds and the best part - EARLY MORNING SHOPPING WITH MY DAD! He is so fun to go with. He will pull up to the Birdhouse at 5:00 a.m. and have a nice cold diet pepsi waiting for me. At Fred Meyer (for the 1/2 price socks) he will get a cart and get in line while I grab the loot. But the best part is just hanging with him - he is so comfortable to be with. Ben might go with us - a double dose since Ben is the spitting image inside and out of his Grandpa Wray.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

3 comments:

Tami said...

You poor thing! A girl shouldn't have to deal with garbledy guck when she wants to blog! Hope it gets cleared up soon...we need you and all your letters straight when we want a julie fix. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and go-fight-win with that shopping. What a great tradition!

One time Trent came home from that shopping experience traumatized. You know how nonconfrontational Trent is and how good he is at disfusing charged situations... Seems he and another lady got into a domestic disturbance when she tried to grab some sheets out of his hands. But he, being the bigger man, said, "IN-YOUR-DREAMS..." and she let go. So...there you go. All's well. May you find similar success in your quest!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Shopping!
I'm glad you can spend some time with your dad!

I hope you get your computer problems solved. It can be frustrating!

JoJo said...

That sounds really great. I'm anxious to hear about your shopping adventures.