Monday, November 17, 2008

The Woman's Equivalent of Hunting


This is bargain shopping at it's best:

All of this cost a mere $12.78 at Albertson's today. Yes, that's four pies and four pints of ice cream for $1.59 each.
A friend told me to go and check it out and so I did, but not reading the fine print almost cost me this great deal. Which was that you buy one pie and the other is free. Underneath was the Bryers (my personal favorite) ice cream and it had the same special; buy one get one free.

Then, in the fine print was the real deal. No kidding - buy one pie (at $6.39), get one free and also get two Bryers ice cream free.
Of course, I usually bake all of my own pies (well ok - maybe at Thanksgiving and Christmas) but they are so handy to have in the freezer for a spontaneous dessert, or to just nosh on in the afternoon while you watch Oprah.

I think the special goes through tomorrow, so check out the Albertson's nearest you! (I could totally do their commercial....)

The moral of this story: Have a big scope on your rifle (aka: always read the fine print:)

7 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you, shopping is so much better when you know you got a deal. Thanks for sharing the great find!

Robin said...

Oh I just got this deal today too! And the turkey for .39 a lb! and Shampoo for the boys .69 ! Such a deal.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Where was the turkey for .39 per pound? What a deal.

Ashley said...

That is a great deal! But I have to say my favorite part of this whole post was the last line: "Have a big scope on your rifle. (aka: always read the fine print)" HAHA! That was hilarious. I don't know if you meant it to be so funny but it sure was!

Tyler and Carisa said...

Love it!! My mom always calls and texts me when she finds a good deal some place - if there is anything my mom has taught me, it's to hunt down a deal!! I only wish I had space enough in my tiny apartment for that much yumminess!!! =D

Tami said...

Ahhhhh...delicious post. And a good deal. Way to go, Idaho!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Way to Bargain HUNT!!

The smell of pie in the oven can't be beat! We'll be over for pie al a mode' at your house! Just kidding! ( :