Thursday, January 15, 2009

Funny Ads

I really get a kick out of the ads on my blog, if I do say so myself. They are programmed to take key words from your blog and provide ads pertinent to the discussions there.

So, based on my blog, here are some of the ads that have run in the past six weeks or so:

Kindly pointed out by Laura: "Anti-Fungal Cream"

"Throat Cooler" (Watch for anti-diarhea ads, too:)

"Need a Podiatrist?"

"Get 'The Grinch' movie online"

"Get Christmas Movie Trivia "

"The Christmas Shoes"

(It doesn't mention "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck that I read over the holiday and loved) Odd.....but maybe it will now.

"Custom Toilet Seats"

"Love Letters" (I really don't know where this one came from...)

"Let us put up your Christmas Lights"

"Inspiring Football Videos"

"Having Heel Pain" (Chicago podiatrist)

It really is quite entertaining to me. But then again it's Blahnuary and maybe small and simple things fill the bill in the great abyss, which is the period of time from "Peace On Earth, Good Will to Men" and when the first little green pops it's head out of the ground. I quite like that description; the great abyss, if I do say so myself. Redundant, yes and I know I just said the same thing in the last post, but hey - it's Blahnuary.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Julie, you missed the best ones! Yesterday ( or some time this week) there were ads for Fungal Cream! THAT was my favorite that I've seen on here.:)

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Oh, that's the one that prompted this! I'll have to add it.

Robin said...

It that why your ads are always in French when I visit your page? I have french on my hat blog (http://robinblogz.blogspot.com/2008/12/chapeau.html) a few weeks ago and when I get on your blog the ads are all in french. Weird hu?

Right now it says:

Nous, c'est le gout. Quick ici!

Robin said...

How much money do you make from those ads?

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

So far, I've made a whopping 5 cents or so! But I don't think I have it set up right.

Tami said...

Nice to know there's a reliable place I can go to get the latest information of fungal cream or custom toilet seats. (I remember the post that prompted that last one! You're the best!)