Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why do they make towels that way?

I don't mean to complain....especially in the dead of winter when we all need every little shred of brightness we can get. But I am going to air my latest pet peeve.

Why do they make towels with a flat or braided line about 2 inches from the long edge? I guess someone thinks it looks nice, but it is not what I would call functional.

You're drying your hands and need all the fluffy terry cloth you can get and what do you get? A flat, rough spot.

You just get out of the shower and grab the end of the towel to start drying and what do you get? A flat, rough spot that forces you to move to the center of the towel to dry. This is not convenient or efficient.

If I were making the towels, I wouldn't put a flat, rough part. I would be 100% soft, fluffy terry. If I decided there was to be a flat, rough part (which I wouldn't), I would put it directly in the middle, where the towel hangs over the rack, leaving the edges to do what towels do best.

That said, if this all I have to worry about today, it is a good day. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Julie, I think about you everytime I experience a new and different bathroom. There is a great one in Hua Hin (by the American McDonald's) that has stone sinks. Pretty cool. I took a picture for you...right under the sign that says "no photos"...of course that won't stop me when it's for a fellow blogger!!

JoJo said...

That is a pretty good idea, the rough part down the middle.