Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Who is the old fart?

Scott wrote us belated birthday wishes for January yesterday and called us "old farts". Us, means Gordon, Richard and myself. Rich was bemoaning being lumped into the old farts club, but don't worry Rich. I take the cake.

Here is what I bought yesterday; my first (2) pair of reading glasses. After "bad lighting" and "too small print", I finally tried Gordon's pair and Voile'! What a difference it made. So, off to the dollar store I go and find two pair of faux diamond studded readers.

But that's not really the oldest fart part; I realized late in the day yesterday (about 4:30) that I had not a stitch of makeup on. I had run errands and made real estate contacts most of the morning. If you know me, you know that there is very rarely a day, if ever, that I don't get ready in the morning and that includes putting on makeup. I was shocked and surprised when I looked in the mirror!

How could I leave the house that way?

I just hope it doesn't mean that I am getting closer to the actions of my beloved Grandma Nola, who put a cucumber mask on her face, forgot she had it on, and then went to Albertsons. "My land," she said. "Everyone was looking at me in the funniest way, so I just smiled and said hello. Then I went to the freezer section and caught myself in the glass and saw my face! Land, it was awful, all dried out and all. I left my groceries right there and headed straight home."

I am afraid this is what I am headed for.

Tip for the day: Don't get distracted from your morning routine

Other tip: There are worse things that could happen:)
I also can't resist posting more pics of my cute little monkeys...Coming soon

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cute glasses! Maybe Gordon should wear a pair like that:)

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

It's definitely humbling to get reading glasses. I like your selection!

Courtney said...

Your grandboys are the cutest! Your reading glasses are also... and I have left the house only having applied make-up to one eye before... that is incredibly awkward looking, trust me. :) Thanks for the visit the other day!