Monday, June 8, 2009

My Favorites

One of my favorite things about June is the first rose blooms of the summer. There is nothing else like it. With deadheading and proper care, you can get them to bloom all summer, but nothing matches the first prolific bloom.

Roses make me happy. They are my favorite.

They are all so individual - just like we all are.

Different but good.

I love the Bridal Wreath Spirea. I have two in the backyard and they are fairly particular about how they bloom. Thinking they were traditional "trim right after bloom" bushes, that's what I did, but they haven't bloomed for the last two years. Then I read something about "trimming 1/3 of the bush". Don't know what that's about, but I guess after the blossoms are spent, I will trim 1/3 of the old bloom and hope for next year.

Anyway, just when I had given up hope, it erupted in beautiful little white flowers. It is my favorite bush.


5 comments:

Rachael Havens said...

Great tip, who knew!

diane said...

I like that bush. It is so pretty. I don't think I've ever seen one before.
My magnolia tree is in bloom. I sit out on the balcony just to look at it.

Thanks again for making a missionary and a mom's day.

Tami said...

So pretty. Looks like spring has officially sprung in Boise!

JoJo said...

Your roses are something to be envied.

Laura said...

I love walking to the front of your house because of the way the scent of the roses surrounds you. They are beautiful Julie!