Saturday, June 13, 2009

Woman Power

Front: Larene (Gordon's mom), myself, Jo (my "daughter"), and Sandra (Gordon's sister)
Back: Raelene (Gordon's sister), Wendy (Janie's daughter) and Janie (our sister in law).

A long overdue retreat with the Bird women was held at Janie's cabin in Donnelly. We gathered to "scrapbook" and plan an 80th birthday party for Gordon's dad this summer.

I have never been much of a scrap-booker and so I was a little apprehensive about that part, but Jo is doing a picture CD for the family and needed help scanning pictures into the computer, so I busied myself that way. As it turns out, many of us brought pictures, and as we were deciding which ones to put on the CD, it brought back such wonderful memories of time spent together as families. One of the greatest bonuses was the fact that Gordon's mom was there to give us names and dates that we otherwise wouldn't have known.

We were served wonderful, gourmet food by Wendy and Janie; canaloni, homemade tomato soup, chicken parmasan panini, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, and a chicken salad recipe from the California Pizza Kitchen. Yummy! Oh, and I can't forget the mini bowls of candy that sat out for us to graze on as we "worked". It was such work.....

I think a couple of pounds followed me home.

4 comments:

diane said...

I don't scrapbook either but that sounds like FUN. My all time favorite salad is the bbq chicken chopped salad from CPK. I think I will dream about that fabulous menu.

Laura said...

Plus you can't help but relax when you're in the mountains!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, Julie!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I love your hair Julie, It looks like it is shorter than I last saw... so cute! I'm glad you ladies had fun!