Wednesday, February 11, 2009

High Cholesterol?????

Everyone should have a yearly check up. Or if not yearly, just more often than every 5 years. I went for my yearly checkup and they ended up drawing my blood. I didn't think the were going to since they hadn't told me to fast.

Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call telling me I had a high cholesterol reading.

"I don't have high cholesterol," I argued. "If you remember, you took my blood right after I had "Qdoba" for lunch!. I demand a recount".

So, in another month or so, I will go back to the Doctor, fasting as I should be, for another test. This one will show that I do NOT have high cholesterol.

What do I have? I have a Vitamin D deficiency, which is the pre-cursor to Osteoperosis. So, I am on a twice a week supplement that is this little blue oil-ish looking thing that I thought was 5000 milligrams of Vitamin D. Then, on the other days, I take a mere 1000 mgs. of over the counter. When I went to refill the 5000, I looked closer and discovered that it is actually 50,000 milligrams.

That is a lot.

If I end up turning all blue and oily, will someone please tell me. If I don't, then you'll know it all got absorbed by my bones and that's how deficient I really am.

But, hey - "That's what these tests are for!"

2 comments:

Tami said...

If you turn all blue and oily you could end up famous on the Oprah Show! Sign...then we could all claim we knew you before you were rich and famous. Hey, my current blog post was inspired by your bathroom post and while ago. Enjoy it. You'll probably be the only one that can relate... :?

Robin said...

I promise to drop a major hint if you look blue and oily to me. Like, "Are you feeling a little blue?"