Thursday, February 12, 2009

Little Lou has a birthday today


Little Lou is our daughter in law, Laura. She joined our family when Ben married her; they met at the church, their first Sunday home from a semester at BYU, where they both had been. But it took being in good old Boise for them to meet.


Ben came home for Sunday Dinner and casually asked if I knew Laura Ewing. "I know Laura Ewing - you can date her!" I exclaimed. (Like my permission was asked for, or necessary). I had met Laura when I was booster president at Centennial and she was the Student Body President. She left a great impression on me. Little did I know that it would just get better from there.


She has brought sunshine into our lives from the very beginning.

Happy Birthday, Lou! We love you.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

We sure do!

Tami said...

Happy Birthday to Laura! (Gorgeous photo of her!)

Laura said...

You're so sweet Julie, I feel so spoiled!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Laura is a beautiful girl whose smile is contagious!

It sounds like she has amazing leadership skills. I read her blog sometimes and I really enjoyed the deer story.

It's fun to get to know Julie's daughter-in-laws through the blogs (since I live so far away from you in Ohio). Maybe sometime I can visit you Julie and meet your family! (I do have a son and daughter-in-law who presently live in Jerome, Idaho!)