Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a difference 13 years makes!

Jessica is entering the competition season of dance, starting with ISI next Saturday, PNW on March 13th, State Competition on March 20th, and Nationals the 26-30th of March.

It is always a fun, whirlwind time.

But sometimes I forget how hard she works for this. Every morning she is up at 5:30 for practice and today (Saturday) has been an all day-er learning the small dance. She is getting her father's cold and we are trying to get her better before next weekend. Right now she is still at dance with a fever and nose that won't quit running.

I don't tell her often enough how glad I am that she is a dancer and how proud I am of her, and thanks for all the fun times associated with dance.

When we first entered the dance world, I thought I was going to die. I had four boys in sports and things were very different. But, the transition has been made from Sports Mom to Dance Mom and I love it.



7 comments:

Tami said...

Awww, look at those cute little fingers. What a sweetie she was and grew up to be! I did just the opposite of you, Julie. I went from Dance Mom and Student Council Mom to Sports Mom. Afraid I didn't do it very well...I would clap for the other team when they did well, thinking we all loved each other and were glad when a boy was successful! One time Aaron hit the baseball exceptionally far so we yelled, Run to third! So he took off from 1st base directly over the pitcher's mound to third. What an obedient child! (ha)
Congrats of raising such a beatiful and poised daughter!

Laura said...

I love the old pictures of Jess in her dance outfits! They're so cute! She is so talented, make sure to video as much as you can so we can watch them later.

JoJo said...

She's adorable. Dance is a lot of work, I definitely underappreciated it before I tried it. Way to go Jess.

Robin said...

Yay for Jessica! I know she works very very hard. I wish her the best of luck!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

The dance world is such an AWESOME world! I love being a dance teacher!

I was so glad my daughter chose to dance also. She loves it as much as I do and it's something we will always share a love for.

Dance is such a creative, artistic, athletic discipline and to be really good at it you do need to eat, live and breathe dance.

I can so relate to the dance pictures! What a cute little girl. I can't figure out what is on the floor in the background???

Best of luck to Jessica this year in her competitions!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I remember Jess being that little! I can't believe she's so grown up now! Good luck at all you competitions this year Jess!

Rachael Havens said...

I remember dancing in those crazy big outfits...I was twelve. Oh how things change. She's really a beautiful girl.